On this cold, dreary day I look outside at the gray sky as I complete my dreaded Christopher
Columbus report.
Columbus report.
On this cold, dreary day my lunch of chili and homemade cornbread makes me happy.
On this cold, dreary day I zip up my jacket and quietly slip out the front door to experience the
icy-cold air for myself. The thermometer reads 48 degrees. I climb the stairs to the top deck and
watch the smoke slowly rise out of the brick chimney as it does every fall/winter. And as the air
seems to grow colder, I lift the hood to my jacket and become warmer.
icy-cold air for myself. The thermometer reads 48 degrees. I climb the stairs to the top deck and
watch the smoke slowly rise out of the brick chimney as it does every fall/winter. And as the air
seems to grow colder, I lift the hood to my jacket and become warmer.
Everything is quiet. Peaceful.
The woods behind my house is a green forest dotted with occasional red leaves. As my nose increasingly grows numb, I decide it's time to go inside.
On this cold, dreary day, I'm thankful my dad knows how to build a fire in the fireplace.
My fall tea smells like summer's popsicles and tastes just as good. Wonderfully strange....
On this cold, dreary day I'm excited about Katie coming over tomorrow, ready to get lost in the corn maze we are going to with my youth group. (;
On this cold, dreary day I am encouraged by this:
"When it hurts to look back, and you're terrified to look ahead, just look up, find God, and know that He's always there for you."
How has your day been?









I loveeee this! Everything about it is wonderful :D
ReplyDeletebeautiful post- everything about it from the photos to the writing made me happy! :D
ReplyDeleteYou just got me cravin' chili for lunch...
ReplyDelete