The other day I was "inspired" to bake some chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies. Why did I place
inspired in quotes, you ask? Because my "inspiration" came like this:
inspired in quotes, you ask? Because my "inspiration" came like this:
Me: "Hmm should I bake some cookies today?"
Heather: "YES! You should!!"
Me: "Um, okay..."
So that's how it happened.
![]() |
| If you're like me, then you love cinnamon, too. |
I always make a double batch because our family eats them....alot.
Those pictures make me want a cookie right now! Fortunately for you I have the recipe
at the bottom.(;
Chocolate Chip/ Oatmeal Cookies:
1 stick softened butter
1/2-3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips (be sure not to forget those!)
2 cups quick oats
Heat oven to 350 F. Beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla;
beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in chocolate
chips, nuts, and oats.
beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in chocolate
chips, nuts, and oats.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5-10 minutes or
until golden brown on bottom. Cool and eat!
until golden brown on bottom. Cool and eat!






haha I always have to make a double batch for our family too--and if I don't hide them afterwards, my dad will eat them all!!! These look scrumptious :)
ReplyDelete~simi