October 18, 2011

country girl in this big 'ol world.

About a week ago, I had the opportunity to take pictures of my friend, Kara. It was my first time doing 
this, and although Kara said she was nervous, I was a little nervous myself! You know what 
I mean, right? But I thought some good pictures turned out of it all.
We started the photo shoot at the park. With the old buildings, bridges, trails, and pretty green grass,
the park was good scenery to go along with her outfit.

As we walked down a dirt path towards an open field, we spotted an old, wooden fence....
and a quaint, little bridge.
These next pictures are most likely my favorite out of them all!
Next, we headed over the the Arts Council in town. And, after a quick change of clothes in the car, I photographed Kara in outfit number two!




Kara and her mom.(:

I've never really edited my pictures in black and white before. But Kara wanted them like that, so I did....and I'm really starting to like it! Even so, I just had to leave some in color--my first love.(:

Afterwards, we ate at Fruity Yogurt!(:

******************

So, there it is: the results of my first photoshoot! I know I still have alot to learn; one day {when I save enough money}, I aim to buy a better camera. I'm not sure what the best kind of camera is....any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I think those photos are great! There are some real keepers -- my favorite is the last one of her in the white dress. The color of the purple in the background is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my thoughts:
    1. I LOVE this shoot.
    2. Doesn't she look like Taylor Swift?
    3. I really like the poses you photographed and the country theme of the shoot.
    4. That dark lace shirt she's wearing is gorgeous.
    ~simi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Oriana! What a blessed young lady you are to have such talents and to humbly use them. May God bless you with ALL your endeavors. Your future is so very bright.

    Oh, and I'm so thrilled to find your blog! Years from now, these thoughts will be priceless to you.

    Love,
    kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some nice photos! I really like them! Also, I have a Canon Rebel T3 and I love it! It took a lot of saving, but it was worth it. Also, as far as lenses go, a 50mm f/1.8 is the best!!!

    -Lou

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.