January 30, 2012

today is monday

and I like to state the obvious. 
Monday. The day that has been stereotyped as the worst day of the week.
 Why? I don't know. Personally, I like Mondays and today is no exception. The weather is 
picture-perfect, like that out of a wonderful book. And this afternoon you would find me sitting
in a swing on the top deck, overlooking the fields, and watching the little dog next door try to
bury her favorite toy.
 I have finally stopped crying accepted the fact that we couldn't make it to tennis practice today, so
I'll try to make the most of what's left of the day. Wearing my "new" sweater cardigan I found in the
dresser this morning, I'm kept warm from the slight chill in the air.
 Slight chill? This is January, right? I should be donning every piece of clothing I own to come outside!
But, unlike many other states, this isn't grey-sky-and-snow weather, unfortunately. In fact, the birds
are chirping in delight over the blue skies; I'm quite enjoying them too.
Mondays aren't that bad.
What are you doing today, dear?
(I'm sponsoring Clair De Lune's giveaway! Check it out!)

13 comments:

  1. i hear ya. it never gets very cold here, either. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, Oriana!!! absolutely lovely. :)

    to-day has been somewhat bleak for California, thus I've been crafting and writing in my journal and such. :)

    xoxo,
    Grace
    tending her garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i REALLY LOVE the 3 & 4th picturess!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wuv this boo! I so missed you today. Hopefully Thursday! Oh, and the third was at my house, rightttt?(;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photography! (: <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. finally, someone who likes mondays! i don't think they're bad at all. they're just a regular old day. tuesday is my favorite {for no particular reason} but monday will have a special place in my heart because it's only be receiving hate from everyone else.
    lovely photos! :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the third picture! The contrast is really pretty.

    xoxo,
    --Abi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! Wonderful. I'm your newest follower c:

    ~Brooke
    xoxo
    thedovetree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, that does sounds like a lovely Monday, and I don't think they're that bad either... Probably Friday trying to give Monday a bad rap again...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Mondays too! It just means its time to start over, start fresh! We missed you ladies at tennis! Its not the same when you and your mom are not there :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are such great pictures!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The third and fourth photos are loveliness.

    ~Nina
    http://craftandcreate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sky picture!!

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.