January 25, 2012

i've come to learn.

I've come to learn that this life is fleeting. Our lives can be represented by a grain of sand and all the
other grains (plus more) represent eternity. Knowing and loving God will last forever.
I've come to learn that beauty is not seen on the cover of a magazine - the stars with "flawless" skin 
and "perfect" hair. Genuine beauty is found in a bouquet of wildflowers, a child's smile, the calming 
whoosh of the ocean waves, and the person whose inner beauty is so strong it penetrates to the outside.
I've come to learn that a best friend isn't someone whom you just spend a lot of time with.
A best friend is someone you love, can easily talk to about anything, and can trust.
I've come to learn that inspiration is not something that can be forced. Either it's there
or it's not. But when it is there, it's ever-so-quiet but, at the same time, urging.
 I've come to learn that a good way to clear my mind is to take a walk outside. Letting the
cold air fill my lungs, I know that each breath I take is a gift from God. And the silent
surroundings refresh me as the cool breeze gently blows in my face.
 I've come to learn that each day is a time for new discoveries. Adding to my mental list of things 
unearthed will never end as I continue to understand more about this big world.

7 comments:

  1. Okay, new favorite!!!! For real. So beautiful. So inspiring. So breathtaking. And plus, I'm in it. Yayness! Ready for our tea date tomorrow <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! :) It really made me think about what you said. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very good. Those are beautiful pictures to go with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Oriana! Lovelovelove your photography dear! <3 Those are some good thoughts~ :)
    ~Danielle

    http://www.loveliftedyouandme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic of the acorns(?) is really cute, and i love the clarity♥

    xoxo,
    jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I love every word, every picture! You are so talented:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah-this inspired me so much. And can I say your pictures are lovely?

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.