January 27, 2012

southern sweetness.

I stepped outside holding a jar of cold peppermint tea and two oatmeal cookies. All the stars and 
even the moon was hiding somewhere in the coal black sky. So I let my gaze fall on the specks of 
light being emitted from the houses across the big open field in front of my house.
No thoughts were running through my mind, as is not the norm. But, sometimes, just standing 
outside, breathing in the night air, and soaking up the solitude with no interruptions is what inspires me 
the most.
As I headed back into the house, my tea and cookies were gone, but the memory of that night 
may never be.

8 comments:

  1. so beautimous my dear! I love the pictures. Send me some of those cookies, k? k. can't wait for our REAL tea date friday! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos dear~ The lighting and colors are wonderful. :)

    ~Danielle
    http://loveliftedyouandme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was beautiful. I mean just gorgeous! You used the perfect words. What lovely foodography. :)

    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm cold peppermint tea sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing compares to the piece one feels when they step out the door into the quiet night. Loved this. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go for a walk.

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both look so yummy. And your writings is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your blog!! Now following :) follow me back!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i find your blog refreshing. a big gust of cool wind on my face, if you will. you don't try to be someone you're not. you're just yourself. and i like that. i really do.
    just wanted you to know that i am so following now. totally. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.