September 27, 2012

we are still young.

via tumblr
today let's not resist as nostalgia threatens to carry us away. remember the times when we were young without a care in the world, when innocence played all over our faces and our hearts were still in one piece, untouched by hurts. remember when we'd practice cartwheels in the front yard and our favorite flower was dandelions and we would blow, making wishes and believing so strongly. remember how we would run around, barefoot, at dusk chasing fireflies. the act would render us breathless and red-faced, most times with a smile pulling at the corners of our lips and a single firefly crawling out of our hands. sometimes, i'd give anything just to be a worry-less kid again, sometimes i'm glad to be the age that i am. and other times i twirl around in the grass and chase after fireflies, knowing i'm only as old as i believe.

11 comments:

  1. this is just beautiful, Oriana. just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twirling in the grass, I shall.
    Mhhm fall, I do welcome you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is simply beautiful. love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, girl. this almost brought tears to my eyes. i have been major struggling with growing up lately. i definitely needed this.

    and YES, we need to be penpals. message me! ;)

    hugs,
    abbie / xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, simply wonderful. <3
    "knowing I'm only as old as I believe." Ahh, that line is extraordinary. This post is incredible, Oriana. I hope you know that. I love it so much that I want to put on my wall. (I am not kidding)

    Lovely words!

    ~Kate @ in pursuit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post! I sometimes wish I was a little kid again, just for a day or so. But just because we're not kids anymore, doesn't mean we have to give up that care-free, imaginative, fun spirit we had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel that way too sometimes--happy to be my age but also young at heart. I believe that nothing will ever stop me from skipping as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! It made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful post and blog! Growing up doesn't mean we have to leave behind our inner-kid spirit.


    -Milynn, your newest follower
    Love & Whimsy

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.