There's just something about traveling. I love the familiar anticipation as I pack my bags and ride in the car for hours on end to get to where we're going. I love the quiet realization that the world is bigger than I really think and there are so many people each with their own story. This summer I had the opportunity to go to Tennessee for half a week. I still remember the excitement that gripped my body when mountains finally came into view and we arrived at our hotel after a full seven hours of traveling. I had never been to Tennessee before, and one word I would use to describe it would be
full. I'm from the country and Pigeon Forge was the exact opposite, but it was a beautiful place complete with a backdrop of mountains all around you. Within four days, I did many things I've never attempted before, saw a lot of new places, and took hundreds of pictures. Just to name a few, we went on a
(very steep) chairlift to the top of a mountain, walked around downtown Gatlinburg, went to a wax museum where I got my picture taken with the famous Lucille Ball and Leonardo DiCaprio, took a three-mile walk through the town one evening at dusk, and I am now officially in love with go-cart racing. (
Oh, and did I mention that I'm super clumsy? I managed to drop my lens cap into a pond full of monster fish....they probably ate it.) Anyways, this trip to Tennessee was one I'll always have fond memories of. And, as you've probably heard before, it was so good to get home. I think being away helps you to appreciate your own home and family a whole lot more.
Have a great Labor Day, lovelies! xo
third to the last, that's just plain funny, Oriana. :D love it!!!!
ReplyDelete~Jess~
Ah, I miss you and TN... These pictures are so wonderful! Im glad you had such a great time!(:
ReplyDeleteThis is, like, wonderful and super cool. I can't wait to start traveling more. xoxox
ReplyDeleteTHIS LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!! I've always wanted to go to TN!!! AHHH!! Lovely post!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your pictures! Especially the second one and the one with the lights :)
ReplyDelete-mal
faithlifephotos.blogspot.com