The anticipation was too much to stand. As soon as we parked the car, I was ready to jump out and walk down the boardwalk. Ready to see the ocean again and dig my toes in the sand. Ready to take pictures of the ocean with Jane for the first time ever (for the record, my camera actually died as soon as we got to the beach the first day. so i charged up the battery later for the next day's pictures, ha). There was stray sand left on the boardwalk and, soon enough, my shoes were taken off and I found myself looking at the miles of blue salt water and even more miles of soft sand. So we spread our towels and sat down, simply enjoying the sound of ocean waves beating against the shore, echoing in our ears, and the feel of our toes being buried in the sand. I laid back on my towel for a while and was relaxed. Then again, you can't really help but to be relaxed at the ocean; it's somewhat of a reaction. Later, Heather and I walked down to this beautiful pier where the people were fishing, sitting, talking, and the kids were playing in the water with boogie boards. On the walk back from the pier, Heather pretended to be the lifeguard and the wind blew furiously in our faces (bye bye beach hat), giving us that wind-whipped frizzy beach hair that you know everybody envies.
And to you, ocean, I really hate 'goodbyes' so I'll just say 'see you later'.
xo.








oriana! darling! favorite post of the beach! love all these!!!
ReplyDeletethat last photo is outstanding! :) ugh, i hate leaving the beach. it's just flat out awful!
ReplyDeleteHaha it's annoying when the wind steals stuff! The ocean is so beautiful, its never boring.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh! looks beautiful! love that amazing pier.
ReplyDelete