I love a good story. And I believe
that artists (specifically, photographers) can learn so much from them.
There’s always a beginning. The
first page sets the scene, if you will. There’s an introduction, always, to the
character or characters on which the story is to be focused. There are also, inevitably,
details. Without details, the reader would be entirely lost while reading the
story. Following the details, there is a
plot, and a scene. Something is happening, and the reader is drawn into the
lives and characters that fill the story and make it vibrant and alive. Emotion
is threaded through the tale, weaving its way through lives, events, and words.
It complicates and enriches life, and like the details, it is entirely
necessary to the story.
Maybe stories have a whole lot more
to do with photography than you might first think. The premise of a photograph
telling a story is absolutely central to me as an artist. I desire and strive
to tell a story with every click of the shutter. Sure, when your subject is a
budding peony, you might have to get a little creative with that story, but
trust me friend, it is there. Everything and everyone has a story, and as a
photographer, I am to tell that well.
Take a little time as you take your
next photographs to think first. Ask yourself questions about the story of
whoever and whatever you are photographing. Weave their story into your art,
and keep it in mind as you create that art. Because truly, the difference is in
the details of every story.
...........
Hey, I'm Caitlin. I'm
a natural light photographer. I desire to live authentic, full, and beautiful life, day in and day out.
People who are on this same journey inspire me, and their stories (actually, any
good story) fascinate me. I love life, but I have my joy because of Jesus... He
is my everything. I'm
a passionate person, and my friends and family are a huge part of my life and my
heart. I make lots of lists, am always up for a good movie, drink lots of
Starbucks, and love anything that smells like vanilla. My life is full of music,
and leading worship is one of the experiences in life I treasure most. And,
perhaps what ties this all together: I love words. I write daily, and love
stringing together sentences that describe my heart, my thoughts, + my life, and
that is where my blog comes in. xo

beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely.
ReplyDeletexo
love this. thanks so much :)
ReplyDelete