July 6, 2012

stories (guest post)










I was walking along the shore of the lake one day - just my iPod and me - pondering. The music filled my heart, and the water swished and swirled around my ankles. I was quiet, just listening.

I reached the distant shores, where no one swims. The sand was softer there, and it squished down under my feet. Little weeds and plants grew under the water, and foam from the sea gathered around them. There were clouds overhead, and an occasional drizzle, but I didn't mind.

That day, it was good to just be for a while. And I walked back, and I saw my footprints left behind, the ones that would soon be washed away by the waves, like my sorrows.

And that's when I thought - Every footprint in the sand, every ripple in the water - each one had a story to tell.


abbie grace. follower of Jesus. photographer. reader. writer. artist. singer and musician. sister to 5 brothers. lover of lord of the rings. blogger at awakened. 
stop by for a bit, won't you?






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Abbie! :) And you are so cute in that last photo! <3

    eve @ essence of eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so inspiring! many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that last sentence, so very beautiful Abbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the second one!!!

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.