After a while of riding in the car packed tight with suitcases, food, and other odds and ends needed for a good trip at the beach, you start getting antsy. The sounds of the ocean begin to sound better than ever and you all you have to do is close your eyes to see that salt water. The minute we stepped out of the car and my feet met with the sidewalk of downtown Beaufort, camera around my neck ready to capture the sights, I was possibly the happiest girl on earth. I can't exactly put my finger on what was so exhilarating about those first few hours as a tourist, but something kept a smile on my face. Maybe it was the people who were chatting across the tables of waterfront cafes, or the chalkboard signs that would announce daily specials. Perhaps it was the two-story house filled with antiques or the art galleries standing against a backdrop of blue water and fishing boats. But it was probably simply the fact that I had forgotten what made me love this place so much and, after missing the beach for a year combined with two hour car ride, I was over-the-top glad to be back at the place of tan sand and salt water and I knew that this beach trip would be a good one.
July 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









photos are gorgeous, oriana! and the place sounds magical. :)
ReplyDeleteoh i love this. thebeach = mysecondhome
ReplyDeletekjg alskjglk;sdjfkl;dj lakds jt they is soooooo pwetty! AH! ah, I can't wait for my trip in Aug!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your photos! They are so peaceful!!! We're about to head on our vacation, so this makes me all the more excited!
ReplyDeleteThese are just lovely :)
ReplyDelete