May 30, 2012

like two peas in a pod.

She came home with a treat in a waffle cone. So we headed to the deck upstairs to eat our ice cream-hers peach cobbler and cappuccino, mine butter pecan and cookies 'n cream. We sat there partly silent, our feet draped over the bottom railing as ice cream began to melt down our hands and arms. Eventually the sky grew dark but we stayed there talking, watching the lighting silently streak through the sky as fireflies lit up the night, just me and sister. I will tell myself to remember this. Remember our escapades and such when it comes to a time when we aren't spending everyday together because she's off at college and the time we do have is special. But no worries, we'll always be close.
Happy Graduation to my goopie!

note from heather: "I was NOT picking my nose-just saying." 

3 comments:

  1. Haha, she looks like quite the character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks so fun:) you both are too pretty!
    ugh. it must be so hard to have to say goodbye! thankfully i don't have to do that, having a younger sibling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet post :) Eating funky flavoured icecream and having a heart to heart reminded me of my best friend and I. Beautiful photos too, I really like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.