May 15, 2012

"I love you the most-est".

Dear Nana, where do I even begin? I have thought and re-thought what I would say but nothing sounded quite right. It's just so hard to believe you're truly gone; those words are like a brutal slap in the face. The memories are so vivid in my mind that I can still hear your voice and your laugh; to say 'I miss you' is an understatement.
I remember how much you liked snapping pictures with your green disposable camera; it was almost always in your hands during a family gathering. I remember the times me and Heather would spend nights with you and Papa. You would read us a bedtime story out of the book of fairy tales, then we would say bedtime prayers and you always prayed for our troops overseas. The next morning there would always be grits, eggs, toast, and coffee for breakfast - nobody makes it like you did.
You were such a strong lady, Nana. And even as your health was dwindling you always thanked the Lord for your blessings, meaning every word; you were such a good example for my life. In and out of the hospital, you were the nurse's favorite patient, your jokes and smiles cheering them up.
No matter how many tears I cry, you can not come back to me. With all my heart, I know you are a pain-free woman now, up in heaven with our Savior. Life is pushing us along and each day is a day closer to being with you and Jesus. You may be gone but your legacy is lingering on, encouraging us through the tough days.
There's so much more that could be said, but for now I'll just say, "I love you...the most-est".

And I can hear you whispering now, "Oh, no you don't....I do."

11 comments:

  1. nice blog!

    www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this made me cry! She sounds like she was such a sweet lady. Through this post I've somehow been encouraged by your Nana's personality :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and thoughtful post Oriana. :) I'm so glad that you had a wonderful relationship with her.
    May the Lord be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh darling, this made me tear up. so beautiful, and I know your Nana is so very proud of you. I love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has me tearing up over m`y grandma. I dond't know what I'll do when she's gone...

    So sorry for your loss, dear. </3

    xo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is making me wanna cry <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, this is SO sweet! You two were so close it sounds :) but I'm sorry for your loss. But like you said, she's pain free now!

    Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5/18/2012

    Aw, Oriana, I'm so sorry! i'm very close to my adopted 'grandpa' and i would be crushed if he died. I'll be praying for u and now i really wish i had your address to send you comforting things via mail!
    :( love ya, your pen pal, Oriana

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so beautiful and so sweet. i'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is truly beautiful. That's all I can say....

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.