March 1, 2012

rediscovering.

 After reading Hannah's post, I've been doing a lot of thinking about rediscovering the art of 
photography. Pondering why I really love capturing a moment in time, I realized that I really need to
pay more attention to the little, beautiful things.
 The way afternoon light falls through the bedroom window, the silhouette of my sister as she stands
in the frame of a back-lit doorway, watching my family conversing to one another, even just the 
simple tradition of my grandpa reading the paper every night.
 It's moments like these that I tend to overlook in the pursuit of capturing the "perfect" picture.
Well, what is a "perfect' picture?
 When I see other peoples' beautiful photography, I find that there's a wanting inside of me to be able to
perfectly capture simple moments like that. And photography is a growing process; there's always 
something new to learn.
my papa...i love him and the way he's amazed at flat screen TV, color laptops you can backspace on, and flat little ipods.
 With my current goal/dream of being a professional photographer, I need to begin opening my creative
eye a little wider. But, even if going pro wasn't in mind, I long to see the normal activities in a new light. 
A beautifully new way. 
I long to rediscover the beauty in this art called photography.

5 comments:

  1. the second photo is my favorite. beautiful :)
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that 4th picture. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i long to discover the passion of photography. i never used to think it was a big deal.. but you know my thoughts have since changed. i can't wait till i get a good camera!

    xoxo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, dear Oriana!!! I just love your photographs. ;)

    xoxo,
    Grace
    tending her garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your photos, Oriana! There's so much volume and color in them- and they don't look like they've been edited painstakingly. That's refreshing ;-)

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.