
Last Friday, my great Aunt {who lives with us} was emitted to the hospital. That following
Sunday my grandma also had to be emitted {she is home now, thank the Lord}. I began questioning
God, "Why? Why would you do that, God?"
Then, I caught myself; I realized what I was doing. I really understood how easy it is to praise God
during the good times, but when trials arise, we are quick to question Him.
It's been amazing how God has been talking to me through things since then. I heard a song at church
that said "be joyful always; pray continually". Later, while I was reading my Bible, I happened to
read a verse that said the same thing. Then, that next morning, a pastor was talking about the same
thing on the radio.
This Thanksgiving season hasn't been the easiest. We haven't been able to gather around the table
with my grandparents, aunts, and uncles to pray and eat a big meal. Nevertheless, I am so very
blessed. Because:
I know Jesus;
We have a home and abundance;
I've realized how much God protects us;
Our family has grown stronger and closer over the past year;
I have wonderful friends who care.
And there are oh-so-many more things that God has done for me that I have to be thankful for.
Today, we had a small and quiet meal with my parents and sister. A relaxful day; we raked
leaves and pinestraw. And my day was completed with a beautiful, pastel-colored sunset.
All the while, I'm trusting for the healing of my great aunt {please keep her in your prayers}. And
I'm thankful....for everything.
Happy Thanksgiving.








Aw! Sounds like a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteAnd your eggs look just like how my family makes them. :) Delicious.
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com
This is beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteGoodness! Where do you live? That is a beautiful landscape. Beautiful beautiful.
ReplyDelete