January 16, 2013

to be sixteen.

photo credit
Today I am sixteen. I can remember my fifteenth birthday like it happened just yesterday; how far away and grown-up being sixteen sounded. Yet here I am, sixteen years old, and I am all too aware of how young I really am and how much growing up I still have to do. Being fifteen (or this past year in general) has taught me a lot about life. About moving past the heart-wrenching sorrow and cherishing the genuinely happy moments with my friends and family because that's what life is really about. It's not all about rushing through school to get a job so you can buy a house and a nice car. No, I believe life is more about the people and relationships you have. To me, those are more precious than all the money in the world. So, I hope sixteen will be kind and a year full of even more living and loving, laughing and learning. xx

19 comments:

  1. ah! wishing you all the best this year. and you are so lovely. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OLD PERSON.
    seriously though happy birthday, sweetheart! a (electronic, sadly, because we have no stamps and my parents will NOT buy them) card is coming your way soon. fb me your address. fanks you :){

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! hope your 16th year is awesome!! it's a fun age for sure:D

    oh, and your absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy sweet sixteen!! Love your words of wisdom. :) life isn't about rushing through school, to move on with life. I agree, we should cherish this time we have to learn and cherish each day and the people God's placed in our lives. Hope your sixteenth year is richly blessed.

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well happy 16! I don't honestly remember being 16, other than it felt a lot like 15:)
    You have loverly priorities, more people in this world need their priorities to be like that.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you! I hope your 16th year is the best yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Oriana! I hope you have a fabulous year, girlie, and that you will continue to grow in your gifts and talents, and continue to become who God wants you to be. :) I'm so blessed to know you!

    xx.

    p.s. The year 16 is amazing, by the way. ;) I'm not even half way through, but it's been incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. also, you're gorgeous. just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Oriana!! I hope it was a marvelous day. Birthdays are always such bittersweet things, growing up is so hard and yet exciting at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Oriana! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!
    I know how you feel. I am going to be 19 in April, and I think I still have much growing up to do. (I'm not really looking forward to my 19th birthday)

    ---->> Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 16th birthday Oriana!!! :)
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your little photographer pose, cutie! Happy happy birthday darling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Sweet 16, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. heyyy you're kind of cute. and welcome to 'being 16' club. from my experience (COUGHtwomothsCOUGH) of being sixteen, you've arrived at just the right place at just the right time (obviously) - but there's better news than that: now you can drive and officially live away from home (not that you'd want to or anything...) and get a jooobbbb!

    happppyy birthday! (sing yourself happy birthday from me, please; i'm singing it, too. but since YOU can't hear it, I thought you'd better sing it, too.)

    xxxxxx from england!

    acacia

    ReplyDelete
  16. kay so, you're gorgeous, and i know i've said happy birthday twice but i'll say it again. happy birthday. i'm really blessed to know ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy birthday!!! love you girl,
    i pray God blesses you and your family on such a special occasion!!
    xo,
    Sophie
    Capture Laughter Photography

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy birthday! we're pretty darn close in age. and i love what you said about life, about the people and relationships. it's just the reminder i need right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday! Bet it feels great to be 16.

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.