photos taken by my sister
I can distinctly remember that night. The night I was lying in bed and my mind was wandering in all sorts of directions, as it often likes to do. Eventually I started thinking about the future; about the changes it holds and the way my life is going to play out. And change is inevitable; it's good but it can be scary to think that our lives won't always be the way they are today. If I were to look back, I can really see how much I myself have changed; I'm a different person than who I was last year. But what about next year? What kind of change is going to come to help me become who God wants me to be? I feel like I'm just rambling but I have so many questions that I know only time will answer. And growing up will come soon enough, seeing as I only have about two years left of high school. This post has really encouraged and inspired me this week. Its words echo what a very wise friend said to me some time ago. She told me to enjoy life; to live to the fullest. This is our prime time in life and once it's gone, it's just that: gone. And I wholeheartedly agree in a head-shaking, fist-pumping, whooping way. Now is the time to have adventures. Now is the time to try new things. Now, today, this moment. I desperately want to live my life to its fullest potential; to not waste precious time; to not look back and have a lifetime full of questions and 'what-ifs'. I don't know how to sufficiently express all that's on my heart right now, but I guess I'm simply trying to say that the change, the adventure, the new things; this is what makes life the beautiful thing that it is and we should embrace every moment that comes. So I'll do my best no to worry about tomorrow, to live today, and to trust God in the future. We only have one chance at this life. Let's make the most of it. xx
ps- i guest posted over here yesterday. give it a read?





girl, i just love it when you ramble. you end up echoing my heart. xo
ReplyDeleteGirl, these pictures are perfect! and your curly is so pretty. :)
ReplyDeleteYour haiiiiir. I think it's so pretty.
ReplyDeleteThat last sentence is just leaving me speechless. It makes me wonder and aspire so much. LOVE this. xoxo
GAHYES. Oriana, you were touch the strings of my heart; it's a beautiful thing, really.
ReplyDeleteoh, and yes, of COURSE I'm going to give your guest post a read! :)
xxx acacia
Amen, amen, AMEN! Couldn't agree with you more, Oriana! ;) Great post!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with everything you said in this post! I want to live life to the fullest too! Beautiful words and lovely photos! :)
ReplyDeleteyour rambles just make my day sometimes ;) xx.
ReplyDeleteyes. yes. yes. love this post. and those pictures, gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI love that post from Kristen's blog! And I love this post too. What perfect words for where I am in life right now. xox
ReplyDeleteYou have such beautiful hair! beautiful post.
ReplyDeletebeautiful pictures!
ReplyDeletep.s. I've awarded you!
http://jessicasdreamtofly.blogspot.com/
xx
You speak such truth, my darling. I love this, and you. <3
ReplyDelete