They live in a house on the beach and we both had a free weekend. So plans were made, bags were packed, and my sister, mama, and I sped off to visit our sweet friends. As soon as we got there, we were greeted with hugs and welcomes and our swimsuits were the first thing that came out of our bags. The next part of the day was spent at the beach and pool, boogie boarding, talking, swimming, eating ice cream, and talking some more. That night we stayed up as late as our drooping eyes would let us, playing the biggest game of mexican train you ever did see and drinking tea. Morning dawned the next day and I came downstairs to the find my friend cooking us a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, which I soon learned can never be eaten without whipped cream. Mama, sister, and I spent the rest of that day in the various shops around town and walking along the beach pier, where the salty wind managed to whip our hair in every possible direction known to man.
In short, this was one of the best trips I've taken all summer. Partly because it was at the beach, yes. But mostly because I was with some of my favorite people. I love them.
xo













love the picture of Heather reading though the window.(:
ReplyDelete~Jess~
this is perfect.
ReplyDeleteI want pancakes now...
ReplyDeletewowwwww. the second picture and the one with the dominoes - you're seriously awesome at photography! ;D and it sounds like you had such a fun time.
ReplyDeleteabbie /// xoxox
great post dearie! beautiful words and photos as always (:
ReplyDeleteYour trip truly sounds amazing. It's hard not to have such a good time when your at the beach with friends! Lovely photographs Oriana! :)
ReplyDeletelove your post and the photos! makes me want to go to a coast and read a book listening to the waves!
ReplyDeleteps: we're hosting a surprise painting giveaway on our blog this week - you're invited!
http://chestnutmocha.blogspot.com/2012/08/painting-giveaway.html
katie
Cute header, with the girl and the camera! I love your blog! Very creative title. I'd love it if you stopped by my blog. http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteEmma