May 11, 2013

DC :: day two

Day two was very interesting, fun, and tiring (as you can see from the boy yawning in the group picture below). We went to all of the Smithsonians, the Holocaust Museum, and the Union Station again for dinner. In between we got yelled at by a street juggler, I tripped and fell on the sidewalk (earning several gasps from onlookers), and watched as a big tour bus viciously ripped the front bumper off an illegally parked car while trying to park. It also happened to be the Cherry Blossom festival that day, so the city was even more busy than usual (if you can imagine) and we never got to the Jefferson Memorial because of the traffic. So that night when we got back to the National 4-H Center where we were staying, twenty of us set off for the two mile trek to Georgetown Cupcakes. We ran, power walked, and dodged fire hydrants to make it there before they closed at nine o'clock and it was worth it. I don't think I've ever had such an amazing cupcake. 
Enjoy a few of the shots I took throughout the day! xx

7 comments:

  1. this sounds like a blast. and the photos are lovely . and I am also craving cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You.. Katie.. Heather. All lookin like Pinterest models. WHAT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a blast. I love DC -- we live about an hour away, and my cousin is at Georgetown for college so we got to enjoy a little Georgetown life a couple times this year :) It's such an awesome city.
    Also, I am in love with the last three photos there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! How exciting is this?!? Seriously. Yay for traveling and new places and friends and cupcakes and adventuring. I'm smiling a lot right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first paragraph was SO fun to read - it sounds like y'all had a blast. :) As always, loveeelllyy photos.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. staaaaarbucks! ;) look like you had a lovely time. i want to visit dc sometime. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. okayy a little jealous you got to go to Georgetown Cupcakes. just trying to get over that over here. ;)
    the photos are lovely!
    uhm I think I need to hear this story of how y'all got yelled at by a street juggler!:D
    and falling on the sidewalk? yeah we're soul sisters. :)

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.