May 9, 2013

DC :: day one

Traveling has always been a part of me. I just really love going new places, seeing new people, and realizing that the world is so much bigger than I could ever imagine. Our trip to DC was one of those experiences that, no matter what, I will never forget.
This first day we were on the bus by seven thirty and in DC by one. The Arlington Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, Union Station, and Vietnam Memorial were a few of the places we visited that afternoon. I couldn't get over how big, crowded, and beautiful the city was. In fact, I think Katie and I almost passed out from an overload of amazingness. Okay okay, not really...but really. 
fun fact: did you know that the face of Robert E. Lee is carved into the hair of Lincoln (in the Lincoln Memorial) to signify that Lee was always on Lincoln's mind? it can be seen from the side of the statue.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE D.C! I was there a few weeks ago, it is pure magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how neat!!! someday I hope to visit. ;) love your stills, dearheart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing more in depth shots than what I did that lasted 10 seconds.. (haha) DC looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh Oriana. LOVE.
    makes me wanna go back! ah. I adore this city.
    your photos are wonderful! the night pictures (and the Lincoln Memorial pictures) are pretty sweet! looks like you guys had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love traveling too, such amazing experiences. I just went to DC in Feb. it is such an amazing place! Awesome pictures!!! Let me just ask, did you legs hurt after the first day? Mine sure did, maybe it's just because I'm very out of shape. ;)

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.