Some things you can never find in your heart to do away with. I suppose that's how it was with these photographs. I found them tucked away in the bottom drawer of my grandmother's nightstand a few weeks ago. Although I don't have the slightest idea of who these people are, I like to think that they meant a lot to my grandma and she saved their picture as a reminder of who they were and how she remembered them. I'd like to think that behind their smiling eyes are a lifetime of memories, an individual story that, if it were to be heard, would inspire someone to live and love more than they already do. But I'm probably glamorizing their lives too much. Most likely, just like you and me, they were ordinary people; people who were here walking the earth, falling in love, and just doing what it takes to live. I don't know their backgrounds and I probably never will, but these pictures, the only piece of their life that I have, are something to be cherished.
December 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your words are SO gorgeous Oriana. <3
ReplyDeletexo
Oooh, I love your words. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful pictures. Your words are poetry :)
ReplyDeleteI love looking through old photographs. When I traveled to see my great grandma this summer we spent hours looking through old photo albums, and she told me a story about each picture. it was so special.
-Leanna
guuuuuuuurl, you got talent. I love those old photographs and know they must have meant something special to your darling grandma. <3
ReplyDeletexoxo
ahhhhh. this is GOOD. 'falling in love, and just doing what it takes to live'? yes, yes, YES.
ReplyDeletexxx Acacia
I love aged photographs. This is beautiful, Oriana.
ReplyDelete---->> Kate
oh, this was so lovely. i recently went through some of my aunts' old photographs of myself and my mother at my age. old photos always give me this awesome feeling of nostaglia for things i've never experienced. :) xo
ReplyDeleteSo cool!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cool! I wonder who they are and where they are now.
ReplyDelete