September 26, 2011

fashion and the fashionista






Fashion is something that I'm VERY in to.
Clothes, accessories, shoes, bags- it all expresses who I am,
what kind of style I have, and just plain makes me happy.
But what about...
The too thin, the too short, the too low, the too tight, the too... wait a minute, where are her clothes?! 
Now fashion isn't just a word to describe a person's likes and dislikes about different pieces of clothing; it's a word that outwardly expresses who you are. And I've noticed there are a lot of girls out there who love to not only express themselves
and show off their style, but also their merchandise. 
Follow? 
I honestly believe wearing showy clothing does not only attract bozos,
but it shows distaste in style and is just not classy.
Don't get me wrong, I love clothes, and I think every girl has a right to feel good about herself by wearing the clothes she loves; but let's try to keep it… 
modest? 
Modesty not being Amish-wear, but giving guys and the rest of us a break and putting the girls and cheeks away. And really, it’s better to look cute and have respect for yourself than getting guys eyes
attention, rather than their hearts attentions.

"Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel"

--------------------------more about the author-----------------------

Photographer, smiler, drinker of tea, writer, ivory tinkler, thinker, homeschooler, tennis player, lover of life, family, friends, God, and everything else beautifully simple. I’m happily Katie, and that’s it. oh, and I blog over at clair de lune.

0 notes:

Post a Comment

you're a peach.