July 7, 2013

the secrets the trees told us.


yesterday was
growing up and moving on.

yesterday was
remembering
our childhood
our family
and loved ones who have
gone on.

nostalgia was strong
and we remembered
but didn't say much.

then again,
words aren't always necessary
when the memories are
so strong.

we stood by the pond,
the blueberry bush
and the trees that hold
a lifetime of secrets
in their roots.

secrets that
(if you listen hard enough)
were told to us,
whispers
in
the
wind.

© oriana dawn

15 comments:

  1. You've a way with words, my love.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveee your friend's (?) hair!! And such a beautiful poem, Oriana :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Oriana. Love the last two stanzas especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so elegant. loved this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beauuuutiful!

    (You guys crack me up with the hair flipping.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this.
    your words. your photos. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous on every level.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute. I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I AM JEALOUS OF HOW PERFECT YOU GUYS ARE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys are literally soso cute. And you write lovely words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love these little series of photographs, you both are darling!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so beautiful, Oriana. :) simply gorgeous.

    xx, Mikailah

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the honesty and rawness you portray in your writing. so beautiful!

    -Briony

    katieskornerhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.