June 27, 2013

I need to get this off my chest.

I feel like this past week at camp combined with reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan has been a big step in the right direction towards changing my heart and my relationship with God. My eyes have been opened and I've asked myself some hard yet necessary questions. Am I living my life centered around God or earthly things? If you were to take away my belief in God, would my life look much different? Am I being effective in this world for Christ? As C.S. Lewis wrote, "If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this." The thing is, it seems that Christians (myself included) have become too lukewarm. It's time for our faith to become our own-not our parent's or sister's or grandparent's. I feel like if we are really in love with Jesus, we should be shouting it from the rooftops, living excited about the One who died so we could have a relationship with Him! I mean, think about it for a minute. How much easier would it of been for God to simply let us continue living in sin? He didn't have to die, but He did because of His intense, furious love for us and His desire to be with us one day in heaven. How can we take that for granted and continue living for ourselves when we're put here on earth for a higher purpose? Life on earth isn't the whole story. Call me radical, call me a Jesus freak. But it's time for us to get serious about our faith and start living for Jesus Christ.

ps- is it true that GFC is going away? no worries, you can follow me on bloglovin!

10 comments:

  1. oriana, this was so incredibly refreshing to read. good for you, doll. i'm excited to see where your walk with Him takes you. xo
    [blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart.. it's precious. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these words.
    lately this exact thing has been on my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. yes to the yes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so inspiring, beautifully spun, heartfelt truth- you are marvelous and I'm proud to call you friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh. yes, yes, yes. that book absolutely changed my life. I read it all in an hour and have reread it countless times. it radically changed the way of thought about my relationship with Christ. A few weeks after reading this book, I picked up a book at the thrift store by Louie Giglio called i am not, but i know I AM. (it's an odd title, but once you read the book it totally makes sense.) those two books combined literally broke me. they were just ahh-mazing and God used them both so powerfully in my life. (i highly reccomend Louie's book too... like seriously, just go read it.) and I loved this line >> "I feel like if we are really in love with Jesus, we should be shouting it from the rooftops, living excited about the One who died so we could have a relationship with Him!I couldn't agree more.
    xx. marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. *dang... i just realized i totally misspelled "recommend". #facepalmmoment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great points... Why aren't we screaming our love for God from the rooftops after all the things he does for us?!

    ps. I've been wanting to read that book! Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes yes yes. When I read Crazy Love a few months ago, I realized that so much was wrong with my faith and my attitude towards grace.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen, this is so true! I'm glad I happened upon your blog today. It's really lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.