February 26, 2013

a true friend.

{photography credit for 1, 3, & 5 goes to Jessica}
--------------------
"True friendship is a sacred, important thing, and it happens when we drop down into that deeper level of who we are, when we cross over into the broken fragile parts of ourselves. We have to give up something in order to get friendship like that. We have to give up our need to be perceived as perfect. We have to give up our ability to control what people think of us. We have to overcome the fear that when they see the depths of who we are, they'll leave. But what we give up is nothing in comparison to what this kind of friendship gives to us. Friendship is about risk. Love is about risk. If we can control it and manage it and manufacture it, then it's something else, but if it's really love, really friendship, it's a little scary around the edges." 
-Cold Tangerines (Shauna Niequist)

True friends are very important to have; I'd even go as far to say that they're necessary to live a happy, successful life. I am so so so thankful for this girl above. We've had so many adventures together--romping through woods and fields, ripping pant legs trying (unsuccessfully) to scale a tree, midnight talks under the stars and everything in between. A real best friend can be hard to find, and, once you do, make sure you hold on to them. I know I will. xx
ps- I hope you've enjoyed looking at the above pictures--with my complete dorkiness and her overall cuteness.

12 comments:

  1. awh dawwwwwwwwwh. i'm a bundle of giggles. can't wait for part 2 of our adventure.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two are simply adorbs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, you both are just freaking gorgeous! this is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you both always have the best time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those is so adorable, and lovely, and sweet and you gals are both gorgeous-ness in itself. :) love this... true friends are so special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Love these pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that quote is beautiful. I LOVE YOU TWO. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. jelly. severely jelly. and d'awwwing all over the place. you two. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I NEED TO MEET YOU BOTH... LIKE SERSLY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you two are SO cute. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. best friends are the best. :) i love seeing your friendship in each of your blogs. you're so much alike it's hard to imagine you not being so close!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awhh! This is so sweet!(:

    ReplyDelete

you're a peach.